Vision and Mission
Vision: To facilitate a student’s educational needs and to guide them toward their goals.
Mission: Individualized education that empowers students to become lifelong learners who fully realize their potential and discover meaning, purpose, and fulfillment in life.
Student Learner Outcomes
AVAHS's expected Student Learner Outcomes were revised in Fall 2015 to reflect both our belief in teaching aspects of positive behavior and the importance of developing 21st century skills.
Alta Vista Alternative High School is structured to provide all students with the opportunity to become:
Responsible Citizens Who:
- Actively participate in the community through post-secondary education, extra curricular workshops, and community events.
- Develop and maintain confidence and a sense of self-worth.
- Show respect for self, others, community, and the environment.
- Use effective communication skills.
Academic Achievers & Problem Solvers who:
- Achieve academic excellence with a focus on preparation for college level work.
- Participate in an increasingly technological society by approaching problems utilizing multiple resources (21st century skills).
- Take responsibility for their own learning and development, and know when and how to access appropriate additional resources to meet their needs (emotional, academic, counseling, tutors).
- Are willing to think creatively and approach problems in a different manner to formulate multiple responses to a variety of problems in their lives and world.
- Become life-long learners.
Demonstrate Strong Moral & Ethical Values By:
- Understanding and respecting individual differences and cultural diversity.
- Balancing individual interests and civic responsibilities.
- Developing a strong sense of self and making healthy life choices.
- Showing understanding and compassion for others.
- Listening to the ideas of others without criticism.
Alta Vista students are RAD!